Thu, Nov 21|
Women Lawyers of Franklin County
WLFC November Luncheon - Answering your Questions: Medical Marijuana
Do you have questions about the new marijuana laws? What is legal and what is not? This is your chance to get answers. Hear from a comprehensive panel about this quickly growing area of the law. RSVP to either buy tickets online or indicate that you will pay at the door.
Time & Location
Nov 21, 2019, 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM
Women Lawyers of Franklin County, Columbus Bar Association, South 3rd Street, Columbus, OH, USA
About the Event
- Mary Jane Borden: Artist, author, activist and cannabis advocate from Westerville, Ohio. During her 30 years of involvement in cannabis policy, Ms. Borden has co-authored four proposed amendments to the Ohio Constitution, lobbied for six medical marijuana bills, composed 41 funded grants, written 50 articles for the Columbus Free Press, given hundreds of media interviews and testified before the Ohio House and Senate to encourage passage of medical marijuana legislation, which former Governor Kasich signed in June 2016.
- Lawrence Scott Cohen: Over thirty years of professional experience in Public Policy, Regulatory & Legislative Advocacy, and Business Development. He has represented industry associations, private business interests, as well as Fortune 100 Companies in a variety of sectors including Public Utilities, Post-Secondary Education and Medical Cannabis.
- Kelli Hykes: An experienced government relations leader with a demonstrated history effectively communicating industry and public health needs into legislative action and public policy. She has been instrumental in influencing and interpreting a host of public policy issues, most notably around cannabis in the United States and Canada, including opening up legal adult markets in Illinois and Michigan.
- Sarah Jodka: Member at Dickinson Wright. Sarah serves her firm as Content Manager/Labor and Employment for the All Things HR blog; leads the U.S. Data Privacy/Cybersecurity practice; chairs the Healthcare Information Privacy and Security Task Force; and is a member of the Cannabis Practice Group.
- Lisa Messner: Partner at Mac Murray & Shuster LLP. Lisa has worked with highly regulated businesses for almost 20 years and worked on the litigation challenging the constitutionality of Ohio’s medical marijuana licensing statute, providing her with unique insight on the overall licensing process in Ohio.
- Walter (Chad) Blackham (Moderator): Associate at Mac Murray & Shuster LLP. As a member of the firm's Medical Marijuana Law & Policy practice, Chad works with some of the industry’s largest national marijuana entities, including dispensaries, cultivators, and processors.
Please RSVP no later than 5 pm on Monday, November 18.
Tickets are $10 for WLFC members and $15 for non-members. Any tickets purchased online are non-refundable. If you prefer to pay at the door please sign up for a free ticket that will serve as your RSVP.
This ticket is for WLFC Members. There are no refunds for this ticket.
This ticket is for attendees who are not WLFC members. There will be no refunds for this ticket.
Pay At Door
This ticket serves as the RSVP for attendees who prefer to pay on the day of the event.