WLFC November Luncheon - Answering your Questions: Medical Marijuana
Time & Location
About the Event
- Mary Jane Borden: Artist, author, activist and cannabis advocate from Westerville, Ohio. During her 30 years of involvement in cannabis policy, Ms. Borden has co-authored four proposed amendments to the Ohio Constitution, lobbied for six medical marijuana bills, composed 41 funded grants, written 50 articles for the Columbus Free Press, given hundreds of media interviews and testified before the Ohio House and Senate to encourage passage of medical marijuana legislation, which former Governor Kasich signed in June 2016.
- Lawrence Scott Cohen: Over thirty years of professional experience in Public Policy, Regulatory & Legislative Advocacy, and Business Development. He has represented industry associations, private business interests, as well as Fortune 100 Companies in a variety of sectors including Public Utilities, Post-Secondary Education and Medical Cannabis.
- Kelli Hykes: An experienced government relations leader with a demonstrated history effectively communicating industry and public health needs into legislative action and public policy. She has been instrumental in influencing and interpreting a host of public policy issues, most notably around cannabis in the United States and Canada, including opening up legal adult markets in Illinois and Michigan.
- Sarah Jodka: Member at Dickinson Wright. Sarah serves her firm as Content Manager/Labor and Employment for the All Things HR blog; leads the U.S. Data Privacy/Cybersecurity practice; chairs the Healthcare Information Privacy and Security Task Force; and is a member of the Cannabis Practice Group.
- Lisa Messner: Partner at Mac Murray & Shuster LLP. Lisa has worked with highly regulated businesses for almost 20 years and worked on the litigation challenging the constitutionality of Ohio’s medical marijuana licensing statute, providing her with unique insight on the overall licensing process in Ohio.
- Walter (Chad) Blackham (Moderator): Associate at Mac Murray & Shuster LLP. As a member of the firm's Medical Marijuana Law & Policy practice, Chad works with some of the industry’s largest national marijuana entities, including dispensaries, cultivators, and processors.
Please RSVP no later than 5 pm on Monday, November 18.
Tickets are $10 for WLFC members and $15 for non-members. Any tickets purchased online are non-refundable. If you prefer to pay at the door please sign up for a free ticket that will serve as your RSVP.
- Member Ticket$10$100$0
- Non-member Ticket$15$150$0
- Pay At Door$0$00$0